Career Attributes

 

Being part of the U.S Navy I’ve seen many changes and contribution to the aviation technology. The one that stands out to me most was the introduction of unmanned UAV to land on Aircraft Carriers. The U.S Navy introduces its X-47B drone build by Northrop Grumman. “The bat-wing aircraft has a 3,200km (2,000 mile) range and the ability to carry the equivalent of two precision-guided bombs.”(BBC, 2013)

The prototype’s name is “Salty Dog502” and was launched from the U.S.S George H W Bush aircraft carrier (CVN 77) in May of 2013. A movie come into mind that was foreshadowing this  called "Stealth" it come out in 2005 featuring a Unmanned fighter with its own A.I pilot. While the X-47B doesn't have an A.I pilot its not to say in the near future it might.

Video from the movie Stealth 







References:

BBC. (2013, June 11). US drone makes first aircraft carrier landing. Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-23268285

TravelForAircraft. (2013, May 16). Salty dog 502 - u.s. navy creates a niche and makes uav history. Retrieved from https://travelforaircraft.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/salty-dog-502-u-s-navy-creates-a-niche-for-carrier-borne-strategic-drones/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog